Finding the right people is essential to the success of any business. At the MCC Accountants we believe that to have the right culture, principles and values we need the best people to create a strong foundation. MCC pride themselves on passion, drive, honesty, reliability and trustworthiness.
We invest in people and we want to see all of our employees grow and join MCC on its journey into the future. We appreciate ambitious people and there are always new opportunities within MCC. At MCC Accountants opportunities will be given to everyone who works hard.
As a successful and growing business, we always want to hear from people who are keen to succeed in their chosen career. If you are interested in employment opportunities but we aren’t advertising, please email your CV and a covering letter to [email protected] or contact the HR Recruitment Team on 0161 707 1500.
Job Title: Practice Manager (Accountancy)
Location: South Manchester/Salford
Salary: £34,000 – £40,000 +Commissions on new clients
Position: Permanent / Full Time
Due to rapid expansion over the last eight years, an exciting opportunity is available for a qualified and ambitious accountant to join an established accountancy practice as a Practice Manager. Based in the new practice office in South Manchester, the Practice Manager will earn a salary of £34,000 – £40,000 per annum dependent on experience.
The successful Practice Manager will ideally be a Qualified ACA/ACCA Accountant with at least three years’ experience working in a practice and at least one year senior level client facing experience in an accountancy practice. This role will involve you dealing with clients, and delivering client work, it will be supporting the Director with the Operational efficiency and growth of the practice.
Main responsibilities for the Practice Manager will be:
- Managing workflow, client files and deadlines within the Practice
- Ability to go through and review working papers.
- Reviewing IT systems & accounting s/w periodically & suggesting improvements
- Managing and supervising staff
- Providing effective training and support to other staff, when necessary
- Working with the Directors to set KPI’s, goals and objectives & monitor them
- Improving processes and implementing new systems
- Client facing responsibilities
The successful Practice Manager will possess demonstrable experience in a similar role in addition to the following skills and experience:
- ACCA/ACA Qualified or equivalent
- VT Accounts, Money Soft, Tax Filer, Xero Accounting, Sage Accounts and Payroll and MS Word & Excel
- Ambitious and target orientated
- Ability to meet and bring clients to the business
- Hold a full driving licence – essential knowledge of how a Practice operates
- A good ‘all-rounder’ who can handle statutory accounts preparation, personal tax, VAT, corporation tax, Dividends, book keeping and all general accounting jobs for clients.
- Superb influencing and communication skills are imperative
- Experience in supervising and training junior/other members of staff is essential
- Analytical skills, along with the ability manage multiple deadlines concurrently.
If you are interested in the Practice Manager vacancy based in South Manchester, please send your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you believe you are suitable for the position.
Additional information: Working Hours are flexible but is expected to be Mon to Friday 9am to 5pm. Out of hour’s email response will be required on evenings and on weekends if it is essential.